Vengeful Spirit

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all the team members and visitors of the Crysis Modification Vengeful Spirit.

3 posters

General Ideas // Improvements

Thorsell
    Artist
    Artist

General Ideas // Improvements Empty General Ideas // Improvements

Post  Thorsell Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:45 am

Hey dudes, just wanted to share a few thoughts...
    I looked at the logos you made for the mod and they look really good! However, in my opinion, we don't really need a logotype for the mod, at least not yet. What we need is a logotype for the mod group, Creative Minds Coalition (and yes, I saw you changing the text into that, but that's not what I refer to as a logo). We need something simple and recognizable, and preferrably not themed with blood, hehe. Something to associate with just the group, not the mod itself. If we decide to make another mod later on (assuming the mod group survives the first project ofc) that has a peaceful theme, a bloody hand-print isn't going to work, if you see what I mean. The name Creative Minds Coalition is great, it's wide and it's easy to remember. I've googled the name and there's no large company or group by that name which is great news if we some day actually want to register it (for world domination purpouses, heh).

Also, I think the theme of the forums should revolve around the Team and not the Mod, with a team logo/banner where the mod banner is right now.
    That's all for now... I hope you understand that this is not complaints, see it as constructive critisism.
    Themodman101
    Themodman101
    Admin

General Ideas // Improvements Empty Re: General Ideas // Improvements

Post  Themodman101 Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:30 am

Hmm, yes! inturesting indeed. I was thinking about the Sigs myself today at work, inturesting prospect.. If we were to do this, we need a concept.

Creative Minds Coalition is pretty good.. lol What a Face

Ive been wanting to get the project going ahead, but at this point it's dependant on me finnishing the first level.. Any my sandbox2 is kicking me in the face still!! Suspect
    Thorsell
    Artist
    Artist

Post  Thorsell Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:34 am

I'm working on a few logo ideas, though I can't share them yet, just sketches so far. I'm thinking... blue.
    Themodman101
    Themodman101
    Admin

Post  Themodman101 Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:38 am

Okay, sweet! Razz
    Twstd
    Twstd
    Artist
    Artist

Post  Twstd Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:03 am

General Ideas // Improvements Creative

just an idea hope you like it.

OH and it is a possibility for me to clean off the edges so it just is the jar. brain and brush....
    Thorsell
    Artist
    Artist

Post  Thorsell Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:23 am

Hmm might work if we could get it really stylized with just a few simple symbols... Two colours will be enough, like blue background and white for the text and symbols.
    Themodman101
    Themodman101
    Admin

Post  Themodman101 Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:57 am

Oh wow, sweet.. Needs a little filler I think, seams.... Unclear.
    Thorsell
    Artist
    Artist

Post  Thorsell Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:21 am

I've almost finished my polished logo idea, I would prefer to send it to any of you over MSN or email for evaluation. Oh and btw, it's my b-day today, heheh.
    EDIT: Made some small changes and tried to upload it here using the Gallery function, though I don't think it worked out properly.
    Themodman101
    Themodman101
    Admin

Post  Themodman101 Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:20 am

Hehe Razz I'm not even sure if I have the gallery funtion enabled.. lol

I'll check that out now..
    Thorsell
    Artist
    Artist

Post  Thorsell Wed May 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey, anyone reading this... The forums are awfully inactive, and since I don't live in the states, I very seldom have the chance to talk to you due to the differences in timezones. I would happily appreciate some kind of weekly (?) update to know what is going on and what needs to be done. I think I've posted previously in this thread about the importance of communication. Right now, it feels like we have none, and that is not good.

And also, here's another idea I came up with. From what I know of, some of you are working on buildings and props modelling right now for the New York level. My tip is, try to document as much as you can about this process, what works and what doesn't, common errors, etc. If compiled in a good way, this will make further recruitment to the team much easier, people will be able to follow simple steps and create their own models much faster if we have some kind of tutorials. Also, these documents could later on be released together with the mod as reference for people who want to achieve something similar. That's all i wanted to say for now. Please keep in touch team, I'm tumbling in the dark here.
    Themodman101
    Themodman101
    Admin

Post  Themodman101 Sat May 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Yes very good idea thorsell! and yes I too beleive that comunication is important. I was spending ALOT of time modeling, and not enough communicating.. i'll be working on the forums here, and getting all the new member here as well.. :p

We are gonna push this thing through!

Thanks Wink
    Thorsell
    Artist
    Artist

Post  Thorsell Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 am

The new logo is now available for use on Crymod. Just copy the link below into an [IMG][/IMG]-tag in your signatures. Also, keep it centered. This way our team will have a unified look and people will see and remember us. This will be great PR for both the current mod project and future projects, as well as for the team itself.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f85/13/65/28/55/cmc_ba10.png

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:34 pm